Yard Load Operator
82 Goldthwaite Road – Auburn, ME
26 Meadow road Exit- Topsham, ME
93 Scott Drive – Westbrook, ME
72 Biscay Road- Damariscotta, ME
2 Hard Rock Road – Augusta, ME
50 Arthur Reno Road – West Bath, ME
Responsible for the adequate supply of aggregate to the concrete batch plant for the timely delivery of concrete products; and for the safe, clean proper care and maintenance of concrete equipment assigned to you.
- Run and maintain wheel loader in yard.
- Maintain daily equipment inspections and reports (time sheets, hours, etc.)
- Ensure that the concrete plant and related equipment is operating properly at all times, inspect equipment for greasing and check oil fluid levels, grease & oil as required, keep plant and equipment clean and free of excess material, and ensure all material handling equipment is working.
- Maintain proper levels of aggregates and admixtures, notify Plant Manager of impending shortages on a timely basis, and keep hoppers full of aggregates.
- Keep equipment and plant site neat and clean at all times, wash the outside of the plant and equipment whenever necessary, maintain plant grounds, pick up trash, etc., and make sure all equipment is in its proper place.
- Operate vehicles and equipment in a safe manner at ALL times, wear all required safety equipment, follow all safety guidelines, perform all pre and post trip inspections; fill out inspection reports daily, and notify the Maintenance Division immediately of any potential or current safety problems.
- Follow all environmental regulations, clean up any excess material which would cause environmental problems, and operate reclaimer.
- Assist the Plant Manager in batching and other duties when necessary.
- Perform any miscellaneous duties requested by the plant manager, which may include, but is not limited to, cleaning up around the plant, picking up equipment or supplies, transporting company mail, training another employee, and filling in for an absent employee.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Possess a level of determination to successfully complete tasks, projects, and career responsibilities.
- Take the initiative to start new tasks or projects or operate out of their area of influence.
- Promote and maintain a clean work environment.
Suggest and implement new ways to make our business better.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor (including but not limited to general maintenance and yard work)
- Current/valid Maine driver’s license (CDL-Class B preferred not needed)
- Satisfactory driving and criminal records
- Ability to speak, understand, read and write English.
- Must have experience and training in operating a loader.
- Must be able and willing to work up to 65 hours per week to include Saturdays when necessary.
Pay & Benefits:
Competitive pay for the market served (Hourly with overtime paid after 40hrs)
Health Insurance – Affordable and flexible with ability to add dependents at your own cost.
Accidental Life & STD, Dental & Vision insurance – Voluntary insurances available to full-time employees at their own cost
401(k) Savings Plan – Pre-tax savings plan features $1 for $1 company match up to 5%
- Paid Holidays – 6 paid holidays each year; New Years, Memorial, 4th of July, Labor, Thanksgiving & Christmas
- Paid Vacation – 5 days Paid time off (accrued in previous season) – Maximum of 10 days per year.
While this is just a summary of some of our benefits, details of these and others will be discussed with you if you are offered employment with Auburn Concrete.
Tasks Associated with Yard Equipment Operator :
Must be able to climb, push, bend, pull on various material handling and plant equipment in order to inspect and repair it.
Normal working hours
- 6:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday, could be earlier depending on concrete orders.
- 6:00am to Noon Saturday (April through November)
- You must be able to work flexible hours since customers routinely require product delivery before and after normal business hours.
- “Saturday Schedules” will be provided in March each year establishing two Saturday teams and assigning a single team to each Saturday. You are expected to work every other Saturday at a minimum. As was previously mentioned it is important to understand it may be necessary to call in all drivers on a particularly busy Saturday.